Pledge to Net Zero
Did you know that the UK Government is committed to be Net Zero by 2050?
We want to do our bit and lead by example in the pursuit to transition to a Net Zero carbon economy.
That is why we have signed up to the first ever industry commitment in the UK Pledge to Net Zero.
By making this pledge we are committing to the following 3 actions:
- Set and commit to deliver a greenhouse gas target in line with either a 1.5°C or well below 2°C climate change scenario – covering buildings and travel as a minimum.
- Report greenhouse gas emissions and the progress made towards this target.
- Publish one piece of research/thought-leadership each year on practical steps to delivering an economy in line with climate science and in support of net zero carbon.
If you are wondering how your organisation could make a difference here are some simple changes to consider:
- Monday One Day. Choose one day a week where you do not travel for business.
- Skype Meetings. Choose digital meetings over face to face, helping to save you time and decrease your carbon footprint.
- Business Travel Incentives. Incentivise employees to choose train travel over flights when attending meetings within the UK.
We are pleased to be part of an industry that is not only advising others on how to become green but is also taking action and demonstrating effective ways to reach net zero within our own organisations.
For more information visit: https://www.pledgetonetzero.org